Pro Dive Cairns O/W Course
If you are thinking about taking the plunge the 5 day PADI “Open Water” dive course is by far the most popular way to do it. The adventure of learning to dive as well as staying out on the reef for 3 days and 2 nights on one of Cairns’ premium live aboard vessels is quite unique.
The 3 day 2 night course includes 9 dives on some of the best dive sites the Outer Great Barrier Reef has to offer as well as plenty of time to snorkel, relax and really enjoy the reef experience. All this makes this course unmatched for experience and value.
2 days pool and classroom then aboard Scubapro that leaves and returns back to Cairns after 3 days at sea. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in 9 dives on a variety of our 16 exclusive dive sites on the outer Great Barrier Reef. Your first 4 dives will complete your open water certification and then as certified diver you are able to undertake up to 5 more recreational or pleasure dives. One of these dives is a guided night dive!
For those customers who speak languages other than those mentioned below, PADI textbooks are available in a range of other European and Asian languages.
Scubapro has one price for the course and cabins are twin or double with shared bathroom for 2 cabins.
PADI 3 Day Ocean Referral Dive Course
The PADI Referral system allows you to commence your dive education in one place and then complete it somewhere else.
This three day Referral program is conducted in conjunction with one of the 3 day 2 night live aboard dive trips. You will have the opportunity to 9 dives over the duration of the trip.
Once you’ve completed the 4 dives you need to do to finish your PADI Open Water certification you can then participate in 5 extra recreational dives, including a guided night dive.
- English: Daily except Sunday
- German: Tuesdays and Fridays
- Japanese: Thursdays
Please Note: Pick up times will vary depending on location so please check your pick up time with our office. Please bring travel voucher and/or course fees, your dive medical if required, swimwear and a towel.
Day 1: Academic and Pool Training
- 8:00am – Complimentary hotel transfer service available from your Cairns and Northern Beaches accommodation (as far as Palm Cove)
- 8:30am – Registration at the Pro Dive training centre – 116 Spence street
- 8:45am – Academic training in the classroom
- 12:30pm – Lunch break (lunch not included)
- 1:30pm – Pool training
- 5:30pm – Complimentary hotel transfer service available
Day 2: Academic and Pool Training
- 7:30am – Complimentary hotel transfer.
- 8:30am – Pool training
- 12:30pm – Visit the Pro Dive retail shop
- 1:00pm – Lunch break (lunch not included)
- 2:00pm – Academic training in the classroom and final exam
- 5:45pm – Complimentary hotel transfer service available or transfer to Reef Teach Marine Biology presentation (optional). Please note transfer not available after Reef Teach.
Reef Teach: Optional 2.5hr marine biology presentation where you’ll learn about the reef and the fish you’ll meet. (Additional cost)
Day 3: Diving The Outer Great Barrier Reef
- 5:45am – Complimentary hotel transfer.
- 6:15am – Check in at Pro Dive retail shop – corner Shields & Grafton Streets
- 7:00am – Depart Cairns for 3 days and 2 nights. A light breakfast is served onboard
- 11:30am – Your first training dive in the ocean
- 12:45pm – Lunch
- 2:30pm – Your second training dive
- 6:00pm – Dinner
- 7:00am – Third training dive before breakfast – this will be the deepest training dive of your certification
- 8:00am – Enjoy a hearty breakfast of cereal, fresh fruit, bacon and eggs as well as toast and spreads
- 10:30am – Fourth and final training dive
- 12:00pm – Lunch on the second day is hot pasta with a variety of fresh salads
- 3:00pm – You are now a certified diver!!! First pleasure dive!!
- 6:00pm – Dinner
- 7:00pm – A guided night dive after dinner – another great experience!
Day 5: More Diving And Return To Cairns
- 6:30am – Your first dive of the day
- 7:30am – A hot breakfast accompanied with fresh fruit salad, cereals and toast
- 9:00am – After breakfast, the vessel makes its last site of the trip, where you will do your second dive of the day
- 11:00am – Your last dive! When you surface freshly made sandwiches are served as the vessel heads home
- 4:00pm – Complimentary accommodation transfers – Cairns city and Northern Beaches
- 7:30pm – Join fellow passengers and crew at a local restaurant for a farewell dinner if you wish