Deep Sea Divers Den Advanced Course
The PADI Advanced course exposes you to different environments such as night and deep diving, or different types of equipment and techniques such as search and recovery techniques and advanced compass navigation etc.
Your trip will be overnight on board OceanQuest for 1 or 2-night options, and the day trip option will be on SeaQuest.
Once you have completed your PADI Open Water Course the next step is to select the PADI Advanced Open Water Program.
The PADI Advanced course can be taken over 2 day trips on SeaQuest, or on an overnight trip. if you opt for the overnight option, you will need a minimum of two days and one night to complete your PADI Advanced Open Water Course but you can also stretch the fun out on a multi-night liveaboard trip.
The 2 day trip option will give you the 5 training dives only. The 2 day 1 night will give you 5 training dives and 2 fun dives, and the 3 day 2 night option will allow for 5 training dives and 7 fun dives.
Note the day trip option is only a Saturday start. The overnight options can be started any day.
5 of these dives will be training dives required to complete your PADI Advanced Certification and the remaining dives will be recreational dives for you to enjoy the spectacular Great Barrier Reef.
- Pick up from your accommodation (times vary) and check in.
- Depart to the Reef.
- Dives 1 & 2: Two pleasure dives to give you an introduction to diving on the Great Barrier Reef.
- This is also a great opportunity for you to acclimatize to the diving conditions, fine tune your skills or even to refresh your skills if it has been some time since your last dive.
- Dive 3 – Navigation Dive: After revising your knowledge review, your instructor will brief you on your navigation dive where you will complete some exercises using both compass and natural references to help improve your underwater navigation skills.
- Dive 4 – Night Dive: Here you will be introduced to night diving on the Great Barrier Reef. You will complete a simple navigation exercise before being given a guided tour with your instructor. During your night dive you can expect to find sleeping turtles, parrot fish and a variety of other marine life only encountered at night.
Days 2 & 3
- Dive 1 – Deep Dive: During this dive we will give you the experience to safely conduct dives beyond your 18 metre depth limit as an open water diver. Under the close supervision of your dive instructor you will be taken down to 30 metres, where you will be tested for signs of nitrogen narcosis, shown the effects of increased pressure and colour absorption at depth.
- With your main core dives now completed, you have five (5) day dives remaining to complete the last 2 dives of your Advanced training dives, all designed to introduce you to other interesting areas of diving which you may wish to learn more about.
5.00pm return to your accommodation.
- 7.30pm after dive party hosted by your diving Instructor. It’s FUN..Don’t Miss it!